Hi. I have everything with the demo working perfectly. I have MySQL installed, the DB and tables created and populated with demo data per the installation instructions, the user credentials are correct, the examples all work perfectly.
When I try to test anything non-demo, I hit a wall, unfortunately. I did the following:
- Created a new DB / Schema and Table in MySQL
- Changed config.php to use that DB with an admin account that has access to everything and all rights in all Schemas in MySQL
- Copied the index.php code into an index1.php file
- Changed $g->table = “clients”; to $g->table = “coins”; (it’s about coin collecting, and that’s the table name in the new DB / Schema referenced in the config.php file)
- Saved index1.php in the same directory as index.php
- Went to a browser, change the URL that just worked for index.php to index1.php
- The browser comes back with a 500 error:
- The website cannot display the page
- HTTP 500
- Most likely causes:
- •The website is under maintenance.
- •The website has a programming error.
If I change the config.php back to the griddemo and then go back to index.php, it works like a charm. I can go back and forth with the two configs and reproduce the same results predictably. Never works for my DB / Table, always works for the demo when I change it back.
I’m wondering if it has something to do with the license? Maybe I need to purchase to get beyond the demo? Also, my table wasn’t populated, so I populated it. After that, the form came up, but it didn’t have the existing entries in it.
You can email me code and i’ll review. Free version should work as well.
How useful was this discussion?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!